Winter has finally reared its head here in Chicago, and as we put on our woolies, here are a few of my favorite finds that can keep at least your Internet browser warm:
- Social Spending Fever – Advertising agency Zenith has predicted that by 2020, the amount of advertising spent on social media ad revenue will hit $50 billion, and account for 20 percent of internet revenue.
- Instagram Updates – After Facebook, Twitter and YouTube have taken strongerInstagram rolled out a hate speech update that allows users to remove comments completely and remove followers from private accounts.
- Google Goes Emoji – Google is finally embracing emojis. Individuals can now tweet an emoji at the @Google handle, and receive nearby locations and searches relevant to the emoji you used.
- Pokémon Frappe – Pokémon Go and Starbucks announced a partnership this week. Starbucks will be debuting a Pokémon Go Frappuccino – a frozen raspberry and blackberry-flavored frappe. The drink, which will be available for a limited time, will be featured only at store locations listed as PokéStops and Gyms.
- Skimm Strategy – One of the most popular daily email newsletters, theSkimm, an off-beat wry approach that reaches millions every day. With headlines such as “What to Say to Your Friend Who Wants to Go Skydiving for Her Birthday,” it provides ample lessons for public relations and communications. Check them out from PR Daily here.