Wow! What a newsworthy and history making week for America, and if for some bizarre reason you hadn’t heard yet…
- The results are in – No matter what whirlwind of emotions you’re feeling about the election results, the coverage of this year’s election had America on the edge of their seats. After a long night of results coming in and states being “too close to call”, Donald J. Trump was elected the 45th President of The United States. Winning 279 of the electoral votes, he was declared the winner during the very early hours of Wednesday morning.
- In through your nose, out through your mouth – Still trying to calm down and understand what just happened? A new study was just released on the benefits of controlled breathing. Whether aiding in things like stress relief or depression, to energizing types of breath to help get you through the afternoon slump, mindful breathing tells the brain that everything is going to be OK!
- Laugh it off – They say laughter is the best medicine and Saturday Night Live (SNL) is always there to provide some comic relief! This week, the World Series Champs along with Cubs superfan, Bill Murray, made an appearance on the late-night show’s Weekend Update to perform a rendition of “Go Cubs, Go.” Then on Monday, NBC showed a special compilation episode of SNL’s best skits from this election cycle. The special included skits mocking everything from the debates to the individual candidates, and included favorite guests like Alec Baldwin as Donald Trump and Larry David as Bernie Sanders.
- Rethink that social media hiatus – The success of the Instagram Story has taken the social media landscape by storm. While many initially thought it was too similar to Snapchat, Instagram is a platform that generally allows more engagement between users, consumers and brands. Instagram just announced that users will now able to incorporate additional, new elements in their stories including: mentions, links, one finger zoom and incorporating its video app, Boomerang.
- But if you still want to flee the country – Your hopes of potentially marrying Prince Harry may have just been crushed, as Harry, 32, is officially, publicly dating actress Meghan Markle. On Tuesday morning, Kensington Palace released an official statement saying, “Prince Harry is worried about Ms. Markle’s safety and is deeply disappointed that he has not been able to protect her.”