Another fast-paced week of internet news and reactions. Here are some of my favorites.
- Not TODAY– Blow back from the released audio from the Access Hollywood RV in 2005 cost Billy Bush his job. Soon after the tape was released, NBC put Bush, currently a host of TODAY’s 9 a.m. hour, on suspension. However, on Monday, NBC made it official by releasing Bush completely from his post at TODAY. Bush has released a statement saying “I am deeply grateful for the conversations I've had with my daughters, and for all of the support from family, friends and colleagues. I look forward to what lies ahead."
- We can all use a bear hug – The beloved black bear who became internet-famous by walking on his hind legs, has been killed. Pedals, hailing from New Jersey, was confirmed dead on Monday by the New Jersey Department of Environment Protection, and since then, America has gone into mourning. Since 2014, an American Black Bear named Pedals has been seen roaming through suburban New Jersey – on his hind legs no less – all caught on camera. Fans smitten with the adorable Pedals have even started a Facebook page to mourn his death. Head there to add your dearest sympathies.
- So long Snoopy – Major insurance company, MetLife, has decided to part ways with its longtime branding partner of over three decades, Snoopy and the Peanuts gang. Snoopy and the Peanuts gang was first brought on to MetLife 30 years ago to make insurance more “approachable” and “friendly,” two things rarely associated with “boring” insurance companies. “Snoopy helped drive our business and served an important role at the time,” said CMO, Ester Lee. Now, the insurance giant is taking a new branding approach, with bright blue and green colors coming together to create the M in MetLife. This branding effort will be rolled out throughout 2017. Only time will tell if blue and green can measure up to Snoopy and the Peanuts gang.
- Mr. Oscar – Yes, it’s that time of year already! Time to start gearing up for some great movies worthy of Oscar attention. Save some room for extra popcorn because this season is looking up to be pretty great! The list included La La Land, starring adorable on-screen couple Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling, Silence, directed by Martin Scorsese starring Andrew Garfield, Liam Neeson and Adam Driver, Jackie, about America’s beloved Jackie-O starring Natalie Portman, and so many more! Is it awards season yet?
- The final debate – The last presidential candidate debate took place on Wednesday night. Here’s everything you need to know. The one big takeaway from the debate is that no matter which side you stand for, it’s important to go vote! Don’t forget to head to the polls on November 8.