Despite the low temperatures, there was plenty of news to keep the Twittersphere busy. Here are my favorite finds from this week:
- Remembering Martin Luther King Jr. – Monday marked the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., and his “I Have a Dream Speech” is considered one of the most change-provoking speeches in history. Take a page from Dr. King with these public speaking tips from PR Daily.
- Nielsen Moving Onto Facebook – In an effort to better understand the TV industry, Nielsen is moving beyond Twitter and into Facebook to see what TV shows fans are talking about to create “social content ratings,” and eventually will also incorporate Instagram into their ratings.
- Winter Storm Jonas – The threat of Winter Storm Jonas is prompting preparation and panic as the National Weather Service has said more than 60 million people could be affected, with some places expecting more than two feet of snow – including Washington D.C. and Baltimore – leading to state of emergencies and stocking up on bread and alcohol in preparation for binge-watching Netflix.
- Best time for social content – Maximize social content visibility on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Twitter with the help of a great infographic from PR Daily on what time of day and in the week to post on each channel.
- Bad news for burritos – A lawsuit has been filed in California that claims Chipotle tried to cover up the norovirus outbreak last year which also has separately attracted the attention of the FBI. Chipotle has not provided any additional information, but they are closing all their stores on February 8 for an employee meeting to discuss new food safety protocols.