It was a great week in Chicago! Here were my favorite trending topics:
- #FlyTheW: There was huge build-up for the Cubbies’ convincing victory over the Bucs in the Wild Card Game – plus a cool hashtag emoji. Meet me in St. Louis.
- Holy PR: The #CoolPope’s historic visit to the states led to a nice PR boost for the Catholic Church.
- How About Them Cowboys: Domestic violence idiot Greg Hardy returned to the Cowboys after serving a suspension and immediately said some dumb things without even apologizing or showing remorse.
- Book Club: Check out these five fall reads for PR pros.
- Grab Some Bench: Uber-confident and historically-great Cubs ace Jake Arrieta shut Pirates' fans down on Twitter leading up to the Wild Card Game, then backed up the smack talk with a complete game shutout.