The beginnings of fall are in full force as Chicago Public Schools kick into gear! Here are my favorite finds this week:
- New species found – For anyone who is looking for a Ross Gellar from "Friends" in their life, check out the archaeologists from the University of Wisconsin have discovered a new relative of humans: Homo Naledi. Found in a cave outside Johannesburg, more than 1,500 fossils have been recovered in the largest find on Africa yet.
- Apple Pencil? – In case you haven’t been on social media all week, Apple had their annual September event on Wednesday which included a new Apple OS2Watch, upgraded Apple TV, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus and the iPad Pro. The iPad Pro has two accessories, a case with a keyboard, and the completely revolutionary Apple Pencil. Naturally this was picked up quickly on social media; check out some of the best responses.
- Instagram Upgrade – Instagram has announced that they are opening advertising to everyone, as opposed to a select few who shelled out a hefty sum. In their blog post on the subject, it was clear that they are becoming a major player in the social media advertising game.
- The Late Show Debut – Stephen Colbert began his reign on CBS’ “The Late Show” on Tuesday with several prime guests including George Clooney and presidential candidate Jeb Bush. But many are talking about Sabra Hummus and Oreos. Sabra had a plug during the show, which was very obvious, and separately he pulled out some Oreos for a pun on Donald Trump. Colbert will definitely be one to watch in the future, and perhaps not just for his content!
- Soup in a Mug – Keurig Green Mountain and Campbell’s Soup Co. announced that they have created single serving K-Cups with Campbell’s soup – available in Homestyle Chicken Broth & Noodle Soup Mix and Southwest Style Chicken Broth & Noodle Soup Mix. Innovation at its finest? Perhaps a taste test is in order first, check them out here.