From the #VMAs to #Deflategate, this week’s Twitterverse has been filled PR successes and failures, as well as some helpful tools for practitioners! Here are my favorite finds for the week:
- Bad Blood: While Nicki Minaj (@NICKIMINAJ) and Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) seemed to have come to a truce, the “Anaconda” singer had some choice words for #VMAs host Miley Cyrus (@MileyCyrus), with media and viewers weighing in on whether this latest feud is real, or just a ploy for publicity.
- Google Refresh: New logo, same website – and lots of opinions! The Twitterverse is still stirring over the new schoolbook-inspired #Google logo. Where some people regard it as clean, simplified look, others are calling it childish and unimpressive.
- Deflategate Update: A federal judge erased New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for the Deflategate controversy that the NFL claimed threatened football's integrity. Patriots fans rejoiced, and even brands like @Drpepper and @Sauza Tequila got in on the action with timely tweets. Of course, not to be outdone by a federal judge, @realDonaldTrump also weighed in with his thoughts.
- Insta-amazing: @PRDaily identified these 10 terrific Instagram tools for marketers – but we think they’re great for improving anyone’s Instagram feed.
- Monster of the Midway: With #Football season just around the corner, @ChicagoBears fans don’t have much to look forward to – except this amazing hot dog topped with corned beef and bacon, which will at least provide some comfort for this predicted rocky season.
Have a great weekend!