From brand updates and future emojis to social media tips and tricks, there was no shortage of interesting stories in the Twitterverse this week. Here are some of my favorite finds:
- Apple of My Eye – Having grown 67 percent from last year, Apple overtook Google for the top spot in WPP's annual ranking of the top 100 global brands. With Microsoft and IBM rounding out the top four, technology is the fastest growing category.
- Pop Quiz – The use of quizzes can open up a brand new stream of leads for your business. This story from PR Daily offers three ways marketers can use quizzes to attract new customers.
- Selfie Symbol – What do a drooling face, selfie, shrug, handshake and bacon have in common? They are all among the 38 new emojis proposed for 2016.
- Improve Instagram Engagement - More than 75 million people check their Instagram accounts every day. PRNews offers five ways to spark your Instagram content plan to engage this audience.
- Journalists Turn to Twitter – A new report on verified Twitter accounts shows that journalists are the most prevalent and the most active making up 25 percent of Twitter’s verified users.