This week I read a lot of articles via Twitter about how to help brands gain visibility online. The communication vehicles we use are always changing and I’m grateful to have helpful resources via Twitter to navigate the field!
- Mobilegeddon Motivation – In case you haven’t heard, Google now favors websites with mobile capabilities or responsive design over desktop-only sites. Most of us now access the web predominately from our smartphones, so this move makes sense but left many web designers with a very busy week!
- Pinterest Promotion – As one of the fastest growing social media platforms, Pinterest draws a lot of brand attention. Now that promoted pins are available to everyone, it’s important to know what works best.
- Twitter Talk – Since the channel’s inception, Twitter has required a mutual follow to direct message. Not anymore. Twitter expanded direct messaging this week, allowing private messages so long as you “opt-in” via the settings.
- Facebook Favors Friends – Based on user feedback, Facebook has once again updated its newsfeed algorithm to now favor friend activity over pages, making it even more difficult for brands to achieve significant organic reach.
- And Speaking of Visibility… How can we not tout our building’s great (and very visible!) cameo in the new Batman v. Superman trailer?! Look for the diamond-shaped building on the right side of the skyline shots. We can’t wait to see it on the big screen!