It’s the last week of summer, so to speak, and the news pipeline has been filled with summertime fun and a constant flow of social media and communications insights. Here are some of my favorite finds from the week. Happy Labor Day weekend!
- Celebrating our National Parks – The White House helped spread word of the National Park Service’s 98th birthday via Twitter, reinforcing the importance of taking in America’s natural and historic wonders. Festivities included free entrance to all parks – a great way to cap the summer!
- Free Speech in Social Media? – Debate over what constitutes free speech, good judgment and human decency continues, this time following an announcement by Twitter CEO related to recent tragedies in the Middle East.
- Innovation Nation – Inc. Magazine has published some compelling news gleaned from its survey of 500 CEOs. Where do some top business leaders come up with their best thinking? How much revenue is from new product developments? Find out in these crisply designed, easy-to-read graphics.
- Instagram Time-Lapse Videos – Do people need one more reason to use Instagram? The company thought so and unveiled Hyperlapse, a new application for time-lapse videos.
- Hello Kitty Shocker – So Hello Kitty is a girl named Kitty White and not an adorable Japanese feline cartoon character? Really? This reveal made mainstream news and got bloggers and others on the case.