Lots of excitement this week from the kick-off of the World Cup to Eric Cantor’s historic defeat in the Republican primary. Here are some other stories that caught our attention last week:
- The Secret is Out: CIA director John Brennan announced that the super-secret agency planned to launch official CIA social media accounts on Twitter and Facebook. Based on the first tweet released on June 6th, the powers that be have a sense of humor!
- Hail to the Leap: To celebrate his 90th birthday, former president George W. Bush jumped from a helicopternear his summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine, fulfilling a goal he made five years ago after a similar jump even though he can no longer use his legs. Impressive!
- Fit for a Queen: Miss Indiana Mekayla Diehl became the social media phenomenon of the Miss USA 2014 pageant when she revealed a bikini body that actually dared to look perfectly normal.
- Apple after Steve Jobs: Tech leader Apple is experiencing what is being reported as the most exciting period of activity since it launched the iPhone seven years ago. Business Insider compiled this rundown of highlights from the post-Jobs era.
- PR Popularity: If you’re looking for a job in PR, you’re not alone. According to the 2014 State of the Internship Report, PR internships are the most popular across all industries. No surprise here!