This week saw a lot of buzz surrounding social media platform updates and some great PR campaign award wins as PR awards season continues.
- Instagram added 10 new editing tools to its platform, giving users free access to high-level photo editing software commonly found in paid programs.
- With the addition of live chatting added to the Snapchat platform, the amount of brands using the platform to communicate with their fans and users is growing. Some examples include: GrubHub used Snapchat to find a summer intern, and Nars cosmetics previewed a new collection and drummed up interest by cross promoting on other social sites like Instagram and Twitter.
- LinkedIn announced a new design exclusively for premium users. The update includes a larger profile image photo and customizable header image, similar to the designs that Facebook and Twitter have rolled out. Additional enhancements to the platform are expected to happen in the coming months.
- The merger between Vocus and Cision is causing much speculation in the industry. Vocus’ new CEO is confident that the merger will benefit customers, allowing for more innovation and access to research and social tools that have not been readily available.
- A big congratulations goes out to our Trex, Eureka, Life Fitness and First Alert teams who won prestigious industry awards last night at both the Publicity Club of Chicago gala and the International Association of Business Communications (IABC) awards dinner. Nicely done!