The weather may be cold, but social media is hot! Below are some of the stories I found most interesting this week:
- Facebook Algorithm – Facebook’s new algorithm continues to frustrate – with many arguing that it’s bad for users who are missing out on content from friends and the pages they follow.
- Facebook Failure Prediction – On that note, a new study has prompted comparisons between Facebook and a “viral update” – with the Princeton study predicting that the social network will lose 80 percent of its users by 2017.
- Word Nerds – The newest social network – aptly named “Favorite Words” – connects people through their favorite words.
- It Takes All Types – Despite common misconceptions, PR isn’t just for the Type A crowd.
- Picture Perfect – Google has identified the most 10 photographed cities in the world.
Lastly, the weather remains a popular social media subject. Here is a collection of tweets from the most recent “big freeze” that’s taken over the country: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/22/us/cold-weather-tweets/index.html?hpt=hp_t2.
Stay warm, everyone!