- Band of Brands – Newcastle Brown Ale generated more than 4 million views of its call-to-action campaign that invited other small brands that can’t afford a $4 million Super Bowl ad to join forces, with the final ad featuring 37 brands in only 60 seconds!
- Girls Ain’t Afraid of No Ghosts – After Bill Murray shot down the opportunity to film another Ghostbusters movie, an all-female cast will star in the 2016 movie, including Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy – both recommended for the roles by Murray himself.
- Social Media Shopping – According to the Chicago Tribune, brands should turn more to social media to position their products as good gifts for friends & family, as a recent study revealed that more consumers researched Facebook and other sites for their holiday shopping last year.
- Big Eyes – Bryce, the blind baby seal, may be stealing the spotlight from the recent Amy Adams movie. Twitterverse was abound with photos of Bryce’s recovery after being rescued by the Alaska SeaLife Center.
- Twitter Politics – From criticizing the British government to declaring Mitt Romney shouldn’t run for president, media magnate Rupert Murdoch is using Twitter to share his political views, perhaps in response to the declining influence of newspapers on policy and elected officials.